Pages

Saturday 25 February 2023

January

 January has started somewhat uneventfully!  

School is school.  I wake up in the early hours every day, anxious every day I have to in.  There is a possibility it has improved this month - I'm not sure if it has or not (not a long enough study!)  I have been doing a little more yoga and have been reading in bed rather than scrolling or playing games.  

I have been posting a photo a day onto Instagram and trying to keep up a gratitude journal - these are making me look for and take note of the good things - of which there are lots and I need to remember that.  

Mid January we got our shower fixed, which has been broken since the start of December.   You don't realise how you take these things for granted.  I invested in one of those plastic bath tap attachments that we used to have as children, because showers were less of a thing then.  When I was young the only showers were those at the sports centre!

I have been cooking my way through 'Good Mood Food' by Ainsley Harriott.   We have discovered some really delicious meals already.  Me and Daniel loved the macaroni cheese, but we will have to save it for times the other two are at football.  I loved the pear and pecan tart, but my husband can't get round the fact it is not dessert with the addition of Stilton.  Oh well, it is his loss.  The roast chicken tray bake, however, was a hit with everyone.


January 22nd

It is  crisp winters afternoon,  and we are driving back from Manchester.   We have just completed the Manchester City stadium tour.  It was very impressive,  not least due to the very friendly staff.   On arrival we found an entire complex outside the stadium and weren't sure where to go initially, but happened upon Stuart.  He was just arriving at work and saw we looked lost.  He asked us where we were going and went out of his way to walk us to the door of the building we needed.  Our tour guides were Ian and Paul, who were equally as lovely, obvious Man City fans who were very enthusiastic and their love of the club was infectious.  Thomas loved it and we got lots of photos.

January 30th

Wow - January has both raced by and seemed to go on for years  - how does that work?

How did I do with my list?  I have already done more yoga and now need to keep ghat up.

I have been working my way through the cookbook and discovered some gems along the way.  I have also been using it to use up my veg box.  Sk two items in one really!  I have been taking a photo a day and although I didn't get a postcard from Manchester, I did create one - so just as good.

I have read one book from the library, so again  two in one!

I have been doing the gratitude journal regularly, not every day,  but regularly.  It is difficult sometimes when I go to work to find time or something to be grateful for!  I am painfully aware that my life is much better than that of some of my students.

Finally, I have set up a lot of things from the list:

  • Booked a flight to Scotland 
  • Booked tickets for a musical
  • Booked a ticket for unravel 
  • Booked a table for my birthday meal
  • Asked Pam if she will join me for afternoon tea
  • Booked Glow Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment

January

 January has started somewhat uneventfully!   School is school.  I wake up in the early hours every day, anxious every day I have to in.  Th...